The Mississippi Recycling Coalition is non-profit organization that works to promote and grow recycling efforts across Mississippi. We do this by bringing people together as well as supporting the individuals and organizations who are enhancing recycling in our state.
- K-12 School Recycling Grants: We offer grants to K-12 public and private schools in Missisisppi to support new or expanding recycling programs. Learn more.
- College Scholarships: We partner with the Mississippi Beverage Association to offer scholarships to college students enrolled in Mississippi public and private colleges and universities. Learn more.
- Environmental Hero Awards: We recognize local government, state and federal agencies, corporations, non-profits and educational institutions with our annual Environmental Hero award program. Learn more.
- State Recycling Conference: Each year, we organize the state’s largest annual recycling meeting that draws representatives from local governments, state and federal agencies, universities and colleges, businesses and non-profit organizations as well as recycling and solid waste professionals. Learn more.
- Other Events: MRC also organizes other events, including an annual Recycling Awareness Day at the Mississippi State Capitol. Learn more.