Environmental Hero awards have been awarded for 2017. Information on how to nominate for 2018 awards will be available later this year.
Our award program has the following categories:
- Local Government Recycler of the Year
- State and Federal Government Recycler of the Year
- Corporate Recycler of the Year
- Non-Profit Recycler of the Year
- Educational Institution Recycler of the Year
- New Program of the Year (any of the above, less than 2 years old)
We review nominations on these criteria:
- Promoting recycling to create a better community;
- Maintaining a continuous recycling or environmental programs rather than a one-
- Demonstrating awareness of environmental stewardship; and
- Improving community waste handling and environmental practices.